Saturday, April 19, 2008

I've been tagged

by my online friend, Darlene. Here's her blog. Thanks Darlene.

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

These are the things/habits/quirks about me.
1. I've completed only two altered books in four years. I have four that I started on, but are still works in progress, and not completed. It took me four months to start and finish my first one.
2. I love doing altered/mixed media art, but the downside is all the STUFF I've accumulated to use in my art. I have pack-rat tendencies anyway, (it's in my genes thanks to my father), and getting into altered/mixed media art has only escalated my pack-rat tendencies and made them far worse. That part doesn't thrill me!
3. My computer room/work room/studio is a total mess, and that bothers me a lot. It's a rather small bedroom, and it's overflowing with STUFF!!! I yearn for and long for a real, decent room for a studio, where things are organized and can be easily found.
4. I have oodles and oodles of rubber stamps, (although not nearly as many as Karen Campbell), and yet I'm sure that more than half of them I haven't even used yet. What's up with that???
5. I have lots of ink pads in different colors, and yet more often than not, when I do stamping, I use acrylic paint rather than ink pads. I'm even guilty of ink pads drying up before I ever get around to using them, grrrrrr! Again, what's up with that???
6. I feel honored and humbled by the people who visit my blog, and by those who leave comments, and by what you say about my art and blog. A huge thanks to all of you!

These are people I now tag.
Heather Robinson at Creative Solace
Jenny at Craft Test Dummies
Kim at Ruined Art
Debbie Mihalick at Senses Engaged
Lori Roberts at Altered Art Expression
Stacie Williams at Creative Junque

2 comments:

Heather Robinson said...

I just love reading these tags because they give us just a glimpse of those that we admire. Thank you so much for tagging me in return....hmmmm....have to get thinking.

quirkyartist said...

I also have too much STUFF.
I have just finished an artist's book for an exhibition and I'm thinking it will be a long time before I do another one. They take so looooooong. I'm waiting for the camera battery to rechangrge and later on today I hope to put some photos on my blog.