Hmmm, this looks rather different for my type of art. And yet, yes indeed, this is my art. That's a bit surprising, even to me. Because this was made five years ago, and just months after my jump into altering books. I think that part amazes me the most, that I created this just months into knowing anything about altered art and altered books. I've never posted this on my blog, so I thought now would be a good time to do so. Because this is one of my favorite AB spreads that I had mostly forgotten about. And to be honest, also because I have no new art to post, and yet I want to make a post on my blog today.
Long story short, I've been in an extended "dry period", "art slump", or whatever one calls it. Which I'm not pleased about, but it is what it is and I'm trying to work through it. However, there is still the issue of my blog, which is very important to me. And it's been too long since I posted some art. I'd much prefer to post some new, recent art, but that ain't happening right now, so I think posting some art, even though it's not new, is better than not posting at all. Regarding how "old" art might be received, I have no idea.
When I first got into altered art, back in the spring of 2004, I was very into altered books. So this is a spread in an AB, a still unfinished AB, a work in progress. At least that's what I keep telling myself, but it hasn't progressed much in several years. And I'm not even sure I'll ever finish it, but I figure hey, at least I got a great start on it.
Regarding this spread, I love the color purple, and wanted to express how I pictured my muse, so I think I went no holds barred. I like that about this spread....and gee, just wish I could approach my art that same way all the time. I won't go into detail about how I made this, except to hit on a few things. The image of Bonita was from a rubbing plate. The background under the image is sequined fabric. The headdress and earrings are real, costume jewelry glued down. I also used game pieces and some of the stamps were hand made with a wood burning tool on erasers. I used an embroidery chain stitch around the edge of the right page. I used a lot of technics and embellishments on this spread. I hope you like it.