Sunday, March 16, 2008

Unconditional Love


Well, it's Sunday again, (where does the time go?) and time to post some new art. This one I made a few days ago, for an online art friend, Brigitte Pugliese. She's making a chunky book for a fund raising auction for the Greyhound Rescue & Rehab Organization. This is a good cause, so please visit their webite for more info. Brigitte emailed me and asked me if I would make a 5x5 page for the chunky book, so I of course said yes. She then emailed me some photos of rescued Greyhounds to use on my page. I chose this dog, whose name is Alex. Isn't this a great photo of him? He looks happy and healthy, thanks to this rescue organization.

I decided to keep this page simple. I used some rusted (copy) paper that was crumpled up before rusting to give it more (what else?) texture. I used frayed fabric on the right side, one of my favorite prints, a thrift store find. I cut/punched the heart and tag out of paint samples. Then I used a rusted utility knife blade and etched the name Alex on it. I used an electric etcher I have, another thrift store find, for the first time, and discovered I'm not very good at etching. The name is crooked, but oh well. At least it's readable. I used some neat new swirl clear stamps for the first time on the left side, and really love those.

This was a simple, easy, fun page to make. (I hope Alex likes it!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there... found you via Seth's "The Altered Page" site... love the piece you did for the Greyhound rescue... how cool that you are giving of yourself to help out such a great cause. All my best, Kathy.