Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Fabric postcard for CyberFyber trade



The first photo is of a postcard I just finished for the trade for the Cyber Fiber Exhibition. The second photo is of the postcard I'm trading for. I don't have it in my hot little hands yet, but it should arrive in the mail soon. I can hardly wait!!! It's so beautiful I can hardly wait to add it to my art collection.

You should check out this wonderful trade that artist Susan Lenz is putting on. Use the link above and read about it. You might just want to join. I encourage you to, especially if you like to make or receive fiber art.

Regarding the postcard I made, I used some of my "rusted fabric and lace" (scroll down to see samples below). Then I added some rusted found objects, scavenged from the local truck stop parking lot. I tea dyed some cheese cloth, and used pieces of that too. I'm very pleased with how this postcard turned out, and it will be a little hard to part with it. But it'll be worth it, regarding the beautiful postcard I'll get in return.


2 comments:

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
This is absolutely wonderful...the postcard and the blogging about CYBER FYBER!
Thanks so very, very much!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi from Marilyn in MN
I love your trade card for the CYBER FIBER exhibition. I have signed up to make a trade too.... so much fun !